meolestanks
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: SBPM

Syzygium seeds

Post by meolestanks »

Hello everyone,

I am a french Canadian from Montreal. I would like to know if it is possible to order some syzygium seeds to be delivered in Canada? I have been looking for those seeds for a long time and it doesn't seem possible. I've decided to try with your community to see if it can help, since the species is from your area ;)

Thanks a lot for your help! :fc:
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Aussie Natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Re: Syzygium seeds

Post by dansai »

Most syzygium seed needs to be sown fresh as it will not germinate if it dries out. I don't think you would have much luck importing it. You may need to find local nurseries that stock plants. Even this might be hard as they are not frost tolerant so it would be unlikely to available as garden plants in Canada.

Good luck with your search
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

There are a lot of Syzygium species - quite a few from East coast Aust, others throughout the pacific area.
Are you after any species in particular?
A quick online search found a seed company selling various Syzygium seed but some local species out of stock at the moment. Fresh seed would come available in our autumn (your spring) http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/content/brushcherry.htm
I can't help with fresh seed because they don't grow in my area but if you post again around March there might be someone willing to get a few seeds for you?
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
meolestanks
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: SBPM

Post by meolestanks »

Thanks for your quick reply!

I will try to check in march then!

I am not looking for a species in particular. I know I can find syzygium in nursery here. Even with our temperature here, we used them as inside bonsai during our winter and put them outside in summer! :)

Return to “Syzygium”