Multitrunk Leptospermum

A place to post and chat about Australian native species as Bonsai.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Multitrunk Leptospermum

Post by MattA »

I got this little Leptospermum trinervium from another grower a few months ago & have been waiting to see positive signs it had settled in before taking a look at what is hiding in the pot.
before.jpg
Combining its location in the pot and past experience with this genus I knew something interesting awaited and I was not disappointed. It is actually 3 seperate trees, the larger & smaller are strong with almost all live wood, the middle one is mainly deadwood & just holding life so it will be interesting to see how things go over the next year or 2.
after1.jpg
after2.jpg
after3.jpg
after4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
MattA
Banned
Banned

Re: Multitrunk Leptospermum

Post by MattA »

The work of a beginnner of 18mths or someone with 20+yrs in the hobby?
wild.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
Boics
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Banksia, Syzygium, Cotoneaster. Leptospermum
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Boics »

Nice material and good job on the style.
I like it. This will really improve as the trunks bulk up a bit.

P.S. You must have a whole heap of stuff lying around Matt - seem your contributions both new and developing are endless!
One of the fabulous things about growing bonsai is as you get old and decrepit your trees get old and beautiful
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

Thanks mate, I can't take credit for the material or the styling but its a real honour to have this tree in my care & share what little I know with someone who will make so much more of it than I.
:worship:
42 Mice ~Imperfection

Return to “Australian Native Species”