Melaleuca Linariifolia - Claret Tops

A place to post and chat about Australian native species as Bonsai.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Re: Melaleuca Linariifolia - Claret Tops

Post by alpineart »

Hi Guys , I'm well aware of the placement of tree's in a tray from 1 2 3 5 7 9 11 and so on . These were placed specifically for the purpose of growing on and thickening and allowing root run without having to place the in the grow beds .

Yes its slap happy but it not meant to be a show winner at this point , more of an inspiration to get me motivated into looking after 1 pot instead of 2 and keeping the cook happy about the new purchases not laying around collecting dust . It wont stay in this pot/tray but it will grow for a year or two in there and with plenty of root run

I'm sure I can place a few more smaller tree's in there to compliment the larger ones but it ain't gunna happen in the short term .
, they will be set in the correct fashion on a new slab and that means the number of tree's will be an even number :whistle: , then the bigger trees added to create the final design .

I appreciate the feedback which no doubt will help others understand the art of placement for creating a final design, but hey I always do things a little different to most hence the reason I have set them in the position they are .

Each tree has approximately 1 square foot to grow without restriction in this pot , I could have separated them into 3 trays but that's more work , more room required . These will be shaped again with some heavy wire , then I will hack and chop them into shape again before setting ops tossing them onto a new slab currently under contruction .

No rules for this old bugger , dare to be different and anything goes , thats what I love about Alpineart , I never said I was a bonsai guru nor do I wanna be . I still call it living art :yes:

Cheers Alpine
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

And as I’ve said before... this amateur can’t wait to visit Allpine one day! Further - I hope in 10 or 15 years - I too will have developed my own style ... somehow I’ll have learned from many but hopefully carved my own path .... most likely a reasonable self-centred path - if I like something I’ll stick with it, even if the odd rule is left in ashes along the way ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

When you think you know what alpineart's doing , "dont". Leave the thinking to me even if its not to your liking .
This is a purpose grown multi trunk from cuttings , not perfect but rough enough
DSCN1347.JPG
exposing the base
DSCN1348.JPG
wired
DSCN1349.JPG
.shaped and potted
DSCN1350.JPG
DSCN1351.JPG
:whistle:

Cheers Alpineart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

A few different styles , twin trunk , informal upright , contorted , cascade , natural , etc
DSCN1352.JPG
DSCN1353.JPG
DSCN1354.JPG
DSCN1355.JPG
DSCN1356.JPG
DSCN1357.JPG
These 2 were rewired in the upper sections
DSCN1358.JPG
DSCN1359.JPG

Cheers . Alpineart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

As with all bonsai progress continues . This was put together some time ago and entered into the Myrt' show in 2019,
DSCN2589.JPG
DSCN2591.JPG
DSCN2592.JPG
DSCN2594.JPG
it's had a few trims since then and is taking shape nicely . The silicon tube is for size comparison and weighing in at around 36kgs so it doesn't get moved around much , definitely a 2 man lift .

Cheers . Alpineart
boom64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almond
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by boom64 »

Hi Alpine ,very nice a great depiction of the Aussie bush. Any bigger and you will have the local wildlife moving in. Cheers John.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi boom64 , yes it is rather large and heavy , appreciate the positive feedback

Cheers . Alpine

Return to “Australian Native Species”