Currency Creek Aboretum (South Australia)

A place to post and chat about Australian native species as Bonsai.
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Currency Creek Aboretum (South Australia)

Post by melbrackstone »

for those in SA who may be looking for some rare Eucalypts....

Currency Creek Arboretum Facebook url - https://www.facebook.com/CurrencyCreekArboretum/
Yesterday at 11:13 AM
Looking to grow some rare or unusual eucalypts?

The following eucalypt seedlings will be available for purchase as part of National Eucalypt Day 2020. There are 150 different eucs available, including many rare and unusual species. They have been grown by Ian Roberts (Unique Natives at Medika) as surplus to those planted out at Currency Creek Arboretum (CCA).

Seedlings will only be available at the CCA open days on Sat 21 & Sun 22 March 2020 (pickup only). Pre-orders can be made by emailing Ian Roberts (medika@adam.com.au), with pre-purchased seedlings available for pickup at the open days. There are a limited number of seedlings for all species, as indicated on the lists. Seedlings are $6 each or $30 for six.

*Species marked with an asterisk originate from far northern Australia and are unlikely to survive in temperate climates unless glasshouse-grown.
84682836_1510020479163648_1149860129227669504_o.jpg
86208187_1510020452496984_7146385582619361280_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Re: Currency Creek Aboretum (South Australia)

Post by greg27 »

Thanks for sharing Mel. I'll have to start researching to see which interesting species I should grab.

Any suggestions?
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Post by melbrackstone »

I'm hopeful you can find some interesting specimens, Greg. I have no suggestions, sorry. I am not up on which Eucs are best, other than what I've seen here over the past couple of years.
greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Post by greg27 »

This event has unfortunately been cancelled, like so many others, due to COVID-19. There's another open day coming up in September; hopefully things have settled down by then.

Luckily I pre-ordered some seedlings which I'm still able to collect. Ian, who grew the plants, is very kindly throwing in a few trees he has left over from previous years that are still in tubes, so I should get a few interesting trees to play with. I'll start a new thread to track the progress of these once I get my hands on them this weekend.

Return to “Australian Native Species”