Euc branch

A place to post and chat about Australian native species as Bonsai.
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: CBS

Euc branch

Post by GavinG »

Just a note. I found this bit of Euc branching on the ground, on the way to the shops.
P1020410.jpg
I want my Euc bonsai to have interesting angles, colours and textures in a condensed form, a bit like this. I'm starting to think I don't much care if they don't look like standard "trees in the wild", so long as they are intense and full of energy in their design. I'll always keep my eyes open when I'm out, because nature can always knock your socks off.

Short rant.

Gavin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SquatJar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society, VNBC

Re: Euc branch

Post by SquatJar »

Couldn't agree more Gavin, the amazing branch movement I see daily, I don't know why but humans and wire just can't seem to match it. Though we will always endeavour to try.

Here's some of my recent Eucalypts that have brought me joy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life's too short for boring pots
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Club: CBS

Post by GavinG »

Thanks SquatJar, they're right on the money. In the second photo, branches go everywhere, even down! but they all seem to balance each other. Lots of energy in the contours of each branch. Massive twists in the third photo also something to aim for.

Gavin
MikeK
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by MikeK »

GavinG wrote: June 1st, 2020, 2:35 pm Thanks SquatJar, they're right on the money. In the second photo, branches go everywhere, even down! but they all seem to balance each other. Lots of energy in the contours of each branch. Massive twists in the third photo also something to aim for.

Gavin
Agree ... I see the big old Angophora costata's (I know ... not actually a Euc, but close enough for me) on my train trip home from work each day and they look awesome - branches going everywhere, up, down, back up again, do a 180 turn and keep going.

This one's not my pic, but it gives an idea of what they look like with a bit of age. Not sure I could wire to create this (although I am going to try)...
A. costata.jpg

Return to “Australian Native Species”