Istari
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japenese Maple
Bonsai Age: 1

It Begins

Post by Istari »

My Seeds finally arived!!! :D

I couldn't wait to get them started! so I thought id do a progression on bringing them into the world :)

The seeds themselves arent very big, around half the size of a corn kernal. A beautiful dark grey with black spot on the tip.
022.JPG
023.JPG
So to kick them off, what better then a glass of hot water to give them a good soaking before I plant them.
025.JPG
Thats all ive done so far and I keep looking at them with a smile on my face :) i'll plant them tomorrow and then... waiting... and then after that anouce my success or complain about my failure. Either way im sure you'll be hearing from me.

Cheers,
Isty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: all types
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: The South Australian Bonsai Society

Re: It Begins

Post by Chris »

:lol: :lol: That's great Istari now what type of seeds are they. good luck
NO TREE IS SAFE
Istari
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Istari »

Chris wrote::lol: :lol: That's great Istari now what type of seeds are they. good luck
:D they are a queensland bottle tree (aka brachychiton rupestris) sorry mate thought it was implied where I started the thred :mrgreen:
Istari
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Istari »

Finally after what seems longer then the 3-6 weeks the seed people implied (2 months since last post) I saw my first bit of activity today :)
285.JPG
I just couldnt contain my excitement :) I ran in and woke up my fiance to tell her the good news! she was happy but i wont say as happy as me :)

I couldnt help myself from taking a closer look (to repot it as id rather give it better care now)
290.JPG
So now its repotted its back to the waiting game and time to nurture it into what it could become. I'll keep this updated as much as i remember to :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Brachychiton”