Eucalyptus rubida 'The Deer Stick '

Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Eucalyptus rubida 'The Deer Stick '

Post by Sno »

Rory wrote: January 16th, 2024, 8:56 am I'm with Melbrackstone, in that I prefer the look of Eucs with the peeling bark left on. From my experiences with Eucs, they are like soldiers with new buds, and the new buds will easily split through the bark, or push it off completely as they come through.
There is something special about when they start to peel , the colours can be amazing especially after rain . But that new skin on a white gum when it gets mature enough is 8-) . There is a moment just before the old bark browns right off and the new skin is peeking through when it is prime . Unfortunately there aren’t any shows on to show it off at the time . Maybe if I asked nicely .
By the way :worship: I love my Sam pots .
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Keep Calm and Ramify wrote: January 16th, 2024, 5:07 pm The sweep of the lower trunk from one side to the other looks ideal. The lack of root display is insignificant IMHO.
When I first dug this tree that was what I considered the back and I trained those smaller branches to give it depth but over time I tend to ‘face ‘ it so that the taller trunk gives the depth . Love round pots .
I am going to repot it now , soon . I am curious to see if I can make it better by leaning it over and moving it in the pot . I don’t think there wiil be enough root on the one side to make it work but you never know till you try .
Keep Calm and Ramify wrote: January 15th, 2024, 8:49 pm :o Girth envy! :mrgreen:
I am never going to take a photo of this image again . :palm:
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Post by melbrackstone »

Thats if you could find him , he would be out fishing somewhere .
Can you blame him? Too hot to pot.
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Keep Calm and Ramify »

Sno wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:07 pm I am going to repot it now , soon . I am curious to see if I can make it better by leaning it over and moving it in the pot . I don’t think there wiil be enough root on the one side to make it work but you never know till you try .
:cool: (..dont stuff it up)
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Keep Calm and Ramify wrote: January 17th, 2024, 4:10 pm :cool: (..dont stuff it up)
Now the pressure is on . :o

Return to “Eucalyptus”