Eucalyptus melliodora shohin

Rintar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: all mostly natives
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Newcastle (paid but not regular)

Re: Eucalyptus melliodora shohin

Post by Rintar »

Tracy at https://www.murrumbungstudioceramics.com.au/ stocks his pots and collaborates with him at times as well. Have not seen any new pots from him in a while :cry: tree and pot are looking great.
Regards Jason
Not yet a Novice but keen to be one

https://www.instagram.com/backyardbonsaiaustralia/

WARNING: I suffer from ideaphoria. This post may contain untested ideas, errors, and excessive enthusiasm.
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Sno »

GavinG wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 4:35 pm Is the solid green moss doing the rest of the composition any favours? Maybe some rocks scattered on the ground, maybe leaf litter, maybe different colours and textures of moss?

Gavin
I agree the solid green moss can be a bit strong . It comes down to being a bit lazy , when I repot I scoop what ever moss is growing on the top of the pot , if it is not infected with liverwort or weeds and pop into a blender . Once that is smeared back on it tends to regrow as one carpet . Sometimes it looks great depending on the style of tree . Other times it can dominate a bit . By the end of winter it is always overgrown and needs doing again .
For me the moss is horticultural as well as aesthetic . It helps keep the weeds out , adds protection to the top roots from drying out and it protects from freezing . I used to use gravel but I recycle my potting mix and it’s hard to seperate the two , I don’t want too much gravel getting into the mix .
I found a beautiful silvery moss last year but I am saving that for special occasions .
(When I read this all back to myself I think I am just a little bit crazy . )
Craig
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Rintar wrote: October 24th, 2022, 9:13 am Tracy at https://www.murrumbungstudioceramics.com.au/ stocks his pots and collaborates with him at times as well. Have not seen any new pots from him in a while :cry: tree and pot are looking great.
I am not sure what his arrangement with Tracy is .
I managed to get his Email before he was selling through Murrumbung and bought directly . If any one is interested they can PM me and I will try to pass on a message to him if I can . His pots are great ,everyone needs one in there collection .
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Ryceman3 »

Sno wrote: October 24th, 2022, 1:24 pm His pots are great ,everyone needs one in there collection .
Yes they are great, and yes everyone needs one in their collection. Luckily for someone they will have a chance for one… if they are in the running for first prize in the 3 year comp!! That is what is up for grabs (see link below) Not long to go now…

viewtopic.php?p=273212#p273212

Sorry for the digression Sno. Great tree (and pot) by the way.
:beer:
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Club: CBS

Post by GavinG »

Crazy's fine.... Pretty normal around here really.

It really does look like a high country, exposed Euc.

Gavin

Return to “Eucalyptus”