alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Alpineart style Aussie Landscape

Post by alpineart »

These PJ's were literally tossed together about 8 years ago from very poor stock that would usually be thrown out .Inspired by Steve_B's post i thought i would re-work them into something worthwhile
DSCN4048.JPG
These 2 trunks had a long ugly branch so the were placed into a pot and used to create 2 sinuous branch / root connected tree trunks or rafts if you like today it looks a bit different
DSCN4051.JPG
DSCN4052.JPG
removing the root over rock forest i used the large tray to set them out and added a few rocks . Not completely happy I rounded up some moss and trimmed of a few unwanted shoots / branches and that's it for another few years
DSCN4053.JPG
DSCN4054.JPG

This root over rock planting was the only way i could use poor stock to create something rather than throwing them out . I had a different attitude years ago , today i wouldn't waste my time with such rubbish .
DSCN4041.JPG
I used this tray for the previous planting and used an old hand made tray/slab i made from poly marble years ago .
DSCN4050.JPG
Stretched out and a slight rotation
DSCN4049.JPG
All done and dusted , this i the most work done on Bonsai here for quite some time but I did enjoy the challenge and feeling the pain for my efforts .
They need trimming and wiring but thats not going to happen anytime soon .

Cheers Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stevie_B
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Oz Natives
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Informal Workshop in Ipswich

Re: Alpineart style Aussie Landscape

Post by Stevie_B »

Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about. Those last ones remind me of camping trips on Stradbroke Island as kid.
It really is amazing how a little change can affect the whole scene too.
Thanks Ian.

Return to “Ficus”