Woolly tea-tree (Leptospermum lanigerum)

greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Woolly tea-tree (Leptospermum lanigerum)

Post by greg27 »

Back in early February I was sent to buy two pots from a local nursery. Somehow this guy jumped onto my trolley and made it home with me - craziness.

I chopped it back, repotted and added some wire to put it into a "something" shape. This morning I tilted the pot around a bit and decided it could work as my first windswept style, so here's the beginning of that. I haven't worked out what to do with the very left of it yet so best to put it down, leave it to grow and ask for advice on Ausbonsai :D

As always any thoughts are much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: CBS

Re: Woolly tea-tree (Leptospermum lanigerum)

Post by GavinG »

I like the dance of the branch/trunk things a lot. Make sure you don't get too rigid in making all the branches from here on go parallel - makes for a boring tree, for me. Keep it funky!

Gavin
greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Re: Woolly tea-tree (Leptospermum lanigerum)

Post by greg27 »

GavinG wrote: March 23rd, 2020, 1:53 pm I like the dance of the branch/trunk things a lot. Make sure you don't get too rigid in making all the branches from here on go parallel - makes for a boring tree, for me. Keep it funky!
Cheers Gavin, a couple of tweaks to funk it up could look the goods. I'll have a bit of a play.

Return to “Leptospermum”