Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Juniper
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Workshop Inc.

Nursery 'claret tops'

Post by ADO »

Hi all :wave:

I bought this Melaleuca Linariifolia. I don;t know why I did, but I liked the foliage and the bark on the trunk for its size. It was $20 and is healthy by the looks of it. Probably would need to repot as there a lot of roots ..I personally think that it would make an ok bonsai but that is using my inexperienced eye. perhaps other can help me on this one? at the least, its a nice tree I can plant in the garden and watch grow in the sunshine. Missus likes it too (bonus) :tu:

cheers :beer:

Adrian
P1000291(3).JPG
P1000285(2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Melaleuca
Bonsai Age: 10

Re: Nursery 'claret tops'

Post by Craig »

ADO wrote:perhaps other can help me on this one
repot it and grow it for a while till you learn a little more about the species and bonsai in general, theres no need to go rushing in Adrian. Just by having a tree and looking after it for a few years you will learn alot, it doesn';t need to be styled as bonsai to teach you what it likes and how it grows. In short ,learn to keep it alive first then style later ,, thats my :2c:
ADO
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Juniper
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Workshop Inc.

Re: Nursery 'claret tops'

Post by ADO »

Hi Craig,

good advice. pretty much what I was thinking. I have a bigger pot for it so i'll repot and just enjoy it along the way.

cheers :beer:

Adrian

Return to “Melaleuca”