Chat Pics

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Chat Pics

Post by Bretts »

Since the power that be will not give us picture posting ability in chat I thought it might be an idea to have a specific thread dedicated to chat pics
I wanted to show a spruce at the Cowra Japanese garden. Not a great pic it is in the distance in the first pic.
Although not amazing I started to think it may be the best spruce I have ever seen in the bark!
cowra1.jpg
A few more trees
cowra2.jpg
Also some kids watching on my talk about bonsai.
cowra.jpg
I have blured faces as I think that is the rule with school kids in media :lost:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
daiviet_nguyen
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines, Ficuses, Maples, Azaleas
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: None

Re: Chat Pics

Post by daiviet_nguyen »

Hi Brett,

How did the talk go? Did you get nervous and forget to introduce your name and etc? :P

Cheers.
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Post by kcpoole »

Yeah Brett, where is the update :-)

How'd ya go?
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

OVAL1091SE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

hb.jpg
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

Hey Guy's the talks went real well. I did already update in the thread about how it went. The age of the kids was variable so I had to adjust each talk to accommodate the ages. I twisted up trident whips into animal shapes for the younger kids. Snakes went well but Kangaroos where less convincing :lol:
The kids seemed to really enjoy it with lots of great questions. I also handed out lots of the NBPCA flyer's to teachers and other visitors. Need to get some more of those sent out as I had run out by the main day of Saturday.
We would love to use the conference centre on the Saturday like we did When Tony came down to Demo. I have stated to the garden if we get that we will make a big deal of it bringing trees to display and designated demo's but the Tea ceremony people have claimed that ever since. They used to do it up on the hill in the TEA HOUSE but now state if they don't get the conference centre they will not come at all :x so the last couple of years we just do general repotting and maintenance at the bonsai house talking with people through the day. I am considering organising a day of demos/workshops some time during the year separate to the Cherry blossom festival as it is such a great place to be doing bonsai in. Any volunteers of services please let me know. Might have to get in line behind Tony though as I know he is keen to get back. :tu:
I took an early mark on Saturday heading home after lunch so I could watch the Eagles get beaten :evil: So I left it in the hands of another Orange club member for the rest of the day.
Feed back was great and big Don as I call him the creator of the gardens was very keen to book me back in for next year. I did enjoy it alot but I will have to see if it would be feasible to take time of work to accommodate. Just lucky I was available this year.

Return to “The Menu”