[OT] Tapatalk app for Apple and Android

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Re: Tapatalk app for Apple and Android

Post by Steven »

M. Frary wrote:No other way to post pictures from a phone? I don't own a computer and to pay $3.00 to pictures seems kind of silly. I'm a member on a couple different bonsai forums and can attach
pictures there.
G'day Mike,

Tapatalk have now made their app free so you can save your $3 and post pictures. Looking forward to seeing what you post.

Regards,
Steven
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
marcela
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives,Maples
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: Vic Native Bonsai Club

Post by marcela »

Hi Steven and anyone else,
I installed it onto my Samsung 3 and when I went to use it it kept telling me that this forum didn't exist, have I done something wrong?
Technology and I have a love hate relationship so any help any of you can offer is great as I would like to upload photos but presently can't.
Thanks
Marcela
Marcela
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Melaleuca and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of WA

Post by Jason »

marcela wrote:Hi Steven and anyone else,
I installed it onto my Samsung 3 and when I went to use it it kept telling me that this forum didn't exist, have I done something wrong?
Technology and I have a love hate relationship so any help any of you can offer is great as I would like to upload photos but presently can't.
Thanks
Marcela
Hey Marcela,

Have never used it, but just downloaded it so I can help :)

Basically, you open the app, then in the top right there is a search box, type in "Ausbonsai" and hit 'search'. Then click on the "Ausbonsai" icon that should pop up in the list (should be the only one there).

It should then take you to a blank page with 'no topic'. Tap on the option in the top left of the screen, the little tapatalk icon. Then click on "Join or Sign In". Then just sign in as you would on the forums :)

Hope this helps :)
Have a question? The AusBonsai Wiki most likely has the answer!

Looking for a Nursery or Club near your? Check out the AusBonsai Directory which lists them all

marcela
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives,Maples
Bonsai Club: Vic Native Bonsai Club

Post by marcela »

Thanks Jason,
I will try as you suggest even though I thought I had done all of that but knowing me :lost: :lost:
Thanks again.
Regards
m
Marcela
Marcela
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jason »

marcela wrote:Thanks Jason,
I will try as you suggest even though I thought I had done all of that but knowing me :lost: :lost:
Thanks again.
Regards
m
Marcela
:fc:

Could be anything Marcela, you never know when it comes to technology. What works one minute, will be broken the next :P

Looking for a Nursery or Club near your? Check out the AusBonsai Directory which lists them all

iiPlace
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai, bonsai South, S-African Forum

Post by iiPlace »

The thing I don't like about Tapatalk is it's AGRESSIVE marketing.
If you've noticed most - all of that I've come across - of the sites that use it, when you attempt to go to that site, a really annoying Tapatalk add appears with two prompts, go on to the site or sign up to Tapatalk.
I am a serious net user so I visit a lot of sites. More & more there are these pushy adds, zoom-up windows of adds, requests to sign up for paid versions of the site, & other commercial unsolicited barriers which appear when you just want to visit a site & it is spoiling the net experience.
Quite often it is my decider as to whether I go on to visit that site.
When recently I first logged onto this site, I was very impressed that although it allows Tapatalk use, the moderators have somehow prohibited this annoying Tapatalk add to appear as the "start page" for visiting AusBondai. I hope this remains the case. Why? Firstly, Tapatalk already charges what is for that type of App, a hefty purchase amount, & should not get the free publicity it seeks by these site-visit intrusions. Secondly, I think it impinges upon the visitors right to have the page link they click on appear for them, & not an unsolicited advertisement. Think about it, it's really a matter of authenticity, & personal freedom. Moderators, now that you've integrated Tapatalk, please don't allow it to intrude on your visitors experience of your site.
Lastly, if you read the real reviews & not those that Tapatalk & other social Apps pay companies to generate for them on the App Store, Tapatalk has a low rating, poor customer service & many glitches. Caveat Emptor ...
Last edited by Steven on February 21st, 2014, 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged back into topic
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

[OT] Tapatalk app for Apple and Android

Post by kcpoole »

Then do not use tapatalk if you do not like it.
It is your choice as to what method you use to access forums and no one forces you to use it

(Posted from tapatalk :-))
Last edited by kcpoole on February 21st, 2014, 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
Jason
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jason »

I've been on a few forums, and run a couple as well, and have never seen that add before? Unless the add only appears when your browsing from a mobile browser, which I rarely do, so would explain why I haven't seen it. Its that day and age though mate, just about every site you visit will have push-ads, or something of the like.

Pretty sure there would be something like 'adblock' that you could install that would totally prevent it from popping up. If you like, drop me a PM and I'd happily look into it for you :)

I'm enjoying Tapatalk, have never really bothered with it before, but has been quite handy, specially yesterday whilst waiting in at the doctors for nearly an hour :lol:
Last edited by Bougy Fan on February 21st, 2014, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove prefix

Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Elmar »

I like it! There's the occasional spell check issue that gets me into hot water, but other than that, I have all the forums I visit in one spot.

Cheers
EZ
Via Tapatalk
Last edited by Steven on February 21st, 2014, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Subject
Cheers
Elmar
Isitangus
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs & anything flowering or unusual
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: campbelltown Bonsai club

Re: [OT] Tapatalk app for Apple and Android

Post by Isitangus »

I'm pretty certain the "ad" (although I would hesitate to call it that) only pops up when you visit a site from your mobile device (the site has to have a a tapatalk function).
I only use tapatalk, I have a few device including PC but find it the easiest/fastest way for me to keep up to date.
I'm pretty sure it's also free now isn't it? If not the cost is still less than a starter from major hardware chain and money better spent. Just my 2c (and not 2c that I have been paid by tapatalk)
raewynk
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Styrax,juniper,pine,anything that has a leaf on it
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: bonsaiempire.com

Post by raewynk »

Big thank you Steven and Co,

My experience with tap talk fantastic, but the hiccup I have found is a glich after I down loaded the app. to the phone. I tried to come back into ausbonsai through the internet browser and using the taptalk after I opened the browser. Top of the screen.
Hiccup.

Then light bulb idea I went in through the app. downloaded on the phone and did the search for the ausbonsai and followed, searched, and found it much easier than coming in the internet browser way to ausbonsai, if that clarifies anything for anyone not so savvy.

The photo features of re-sizing everything fantastic.

Took me about 50 go's to get it right. I am not computer, iphone or any other phone savvy. Age comes into it I think. hee hee.

Solar panel moment. :lol: :lol:

Regards
Rae

P.S. I DON'T GET ANY ADS WHAT SO EVER.
My grey hair is my solar panel, as with the leaf on the bonsai is theirs.
bamboos
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives , figs

Post by bamboos »

Hi All
Is anybody else getting a tapatalk banner ad on the top of the page :tounge: - it just started this morning haven't seen it for a couple of months
Steve
On second thoughts maybe it's my browser not Ausbonsai.com.au
Last edited by bamboos on February 23rd, 2014, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Elmar »

Nope, never had any adverts!
But then I only have a lowly i4...

Cheers
EZ
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk