Ausbonsai has perfect platform

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Ausbonsai has perfect platform

Post by Bretts »

Been posting around on the international forums agian a bit of late and have to say what a pleasure it is to post here. No restriction on picture size just minimise enough so it is not too slow to open. (Tich on you that don't :tounge: ) Review previous posts with pics included and just all round eas of use.
Had to say great work Gocny, Steven and others. As usual it takes an Aussie to do the job right. :aussie:
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Re: Ausbonsai has perfect platform

Post by Pup »

Yes I agree Brett, that is why I do not travel to far now as I find it all too much of a hassle. Posting words are OK but pics is a pain in the proverbial.

:aussie: :aussie: :aussie: Oi Oi Oi :hooray: :tu:

Pup
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Post by kcpoole »

Bretts wrote:Been posting around on the international forums agian a bit of late and have to say what a pleasure it is to post here. No restriction on picture size just minimise enough so it is not too slow to open. (Tich on you that don't :tounge: ) Review previous posts with pics included and just all round eas of use.
Had to say great work Gocny, Steven and others. As usual it takes an Aussie to do the job right. :aussie:
I agree totally Brett
As for the picture size, if the images are too big, I don't bother lookin. On my crap internet connection I cannot wait for a pic any bigger than about 300K to open.
the only thing I woud consider is a Wiki page ( great for Howtos and other info), and a way to upload multiple Images. Doing them individually is a real pain :-)

Ken
Last edited by kcpoole on February 13th, 2011, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
Graeme
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive, ficus, azalea
Bonsai Age: 36

Post by Graeme »

I dunno anything about posting piktchas, 'cause I don't have any, but I will tell you this.

This site is one of the very best I have ever posted to, simply because everyone here is so damn friendly. There is none of the snipping seen eleswhere, there are no premadonna's and everyone is only to happy and wiling to help a fellow Bonsai nut out when they have a question, or two.

Yep, great site guys, well done, hope it remains the way it is right now. Now about them picture posts ..........................
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion

Return to “The Menu”