Trying to view a file attachment

What AusBonsai is all about and how the forum works.
If there is anything you want to know, you will find your answers here. If not just ask the waiter.
How to: attach a file, resize a picture, bookmark a topic, navigate the site, rename pictures.

Jester
Hi there crazy kids!!!
Hi there crazy kids!!!
Favorite Species: Serissa,Prunus,Cotoneaster,Fukien Tea,(In that Ord
Bonsai Age: 5

Trying to view a file attachment

Post by Jester »

Why can I not view a file attachment in docs that I open? I am told that I do not have the relevant permissions?? Why would I be barred from something sop straightforward?
Last edited by Jester on March 25th, 2009, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message has been created with 100% recycled electrons
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: Trying to view a file attachment

Post by Bretts »

Can you be more specific Jester maybe you could link the file you are having trouble with. As you have made this post I guess you are logged in but jut double check when you are trying to view the file.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

Hi Jester,
I have just checked your permission and there are no problems from our end. Can you let me know what it is that you are trying to open and I will test it.
S.
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

AusBonsai wrote:Hi Jester,
I have just checked your permission and there are no problems from our end. Can you let me know what it is that you are trying to open and I will test it.
S.
I too cannot open certain photos , well actually the photos dont appear at all as there in no link or picture to click and load. It only seems to be affecting one or two users who have posted threads. Others can see the pictures yet i cannot?
gocny
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=red]Callistemon[/color]
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: [color=gold]Aus[/color][color=green]Bonsai[/color]

Post by gocny »

noah78 wrote: I too cannot open certain photos , well actually the photos dont appear at all as there in no link or picture to click and load. It only seems to be affecting one or two users who have posted threads. Others can see the pictures yet i cannot?
hi, if you find these certain topics without any picture, that means no one can see any picture. these topics are old, relatively new topics should be fine.
i assure you all that if you can login, you can view all the attachments, if there is any.

try to visit our site as a guest and you will find that you won't be able to see the actual pictures but you will see there is a message tell you that there is an attachment in the topic but you won't be able to see it because you don't have the permission (as a guest) and please login.

so the simple rule is, if you can see a link to an attachment, you should be able to view it without any trouble. if there is a problem, let us know. :) But if you "feel" like there is an attachment but you can't find it :o , that means there is actually NOTHING there, no link, no attachment. 8-)

any other question just let us know. thanks. :D
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

gocny wrote:
noah78 wrote: I too cannot open certain photos , well actually the photos dont appear at all as there in no link or picture to click and load. It only seems to be affecting one or two users who have posted threads. Others can see the pictures yet i cannot?
hi, if you find these certain topics without any picture, that means no one can see any picture. these topics are old, relatively new topics should be fine.
i assure you all that if you can login, you can view all the attachments, if there is any.

try to visit our site as a guest and you will find that you won't be able to see the actual pictures but you will see there is a message tell you that there is an attachment in the topic but you won't be able to see it because you don't have the permission (as a guest) and please login.

so the simple rule is, if you can see a link to an attachment, you should be able to view it without any trouble. if there is a problem, let us know. :) But if you "feel" like there is an attachment but you can't find it :o , that means there is actually NOTHING there, no link, no attachment. 8-)

any other question just let us know. thanks. :D
Thanks,
I have been logged on but the threads that has this are old ones with no recent postings, so that looks like the problem.
aaron_tas
HARDKNOCKSBONSAI
HARDKNOCKSBONSAI
Favorite Species: ulmus
Bonsai Age: 100
Bonsai Club: south tas, Illawarra, Launceston

Post by aaron_tas »

yeah, actually i got a pm from a person that explained a certain situation which led me to believe that the reason the pictures are not there anymore... is that maybe some certain people actually took these certain pictures from where they were, and that maybe i would never even get to see these said, certain pictures... :D

unfortunate for me :(
inspired by nature,
considered superior to nature.

Return to “The Menu”