My Japanese Garden

Share pictures and information about Japanese gardens, ponds, water features and Koi in this forum.
adge0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper & JBP
Bonsai Age: 22
Bonsai Club: Mornington Peninsula Bonsai Society

Re: My Japanese Garden

Post by adge0001 »

Hello Ausbonsai,

I've managed to find some old photos I didn't realise I had of this garden in its first building stages. Included is my plan.

ImageImageImage

Ash, I'll post a pic of my Juni next... It's still in its initial stages of training.

Steven, I've been working my way down the fence line with the "fence extensions." I'll most likely cover that side as well and also put some screens up against the bright red brick work.

Cheers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
-Carl Sagan
adge0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by adge0001 »

Ash, here's the Juni you were enquiring about. It was taken to a workshop with Don Deluca last year who got me to stand it more upright. I've also been balancing out the foliage throughout the tree over winter. At the moment, it's just resting. Late August when Don comes down to the mornington peninsula, it will be worked on further. I have some progression photos of this, but I may save that for its own thread. Cheers :)

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
-Carl Sagan
visionplay
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acer Maple
Bonsai Age: 13
Bonsai Club: none atm

Post by visionplay »

Beautiful Garden, Got any updated Pics?
rudy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pine
Bonsai Age: 25

Post by rudy »

HI Adge,

The garden is looking great.

Your dog looked a bit like my cat from a distance.

Really love love that lantern lit up. What do you use for lighting, I have a lantern and would love to light it up but don't want soot building up.
Regards
Rudy
adge0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by adge0001 »

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately visionplay, I sold this house and am now building elsewhere. I saved some plants from my bonsai growing bed, but lost a massive pyracantha. It was during that 40+ degree week in Melbourne this summer.

I do have plans for another garden..... The house hasn't finished being built yet and I've already drawn up garden plans [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

-Carl Sagan
adge0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by adge0001 »

Hi Rudy,

I had a power cord threaded through an electrical pipe, which was dug underground out to the lantern. The lantern has a hole for an electric light coming up from the bottom. I used a standard garden light with the harden spike bottom chopped off to fit inside.

-Carl Sagan
visionplay
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acer Maple
Bonsai Age: 13
Bonsai Club: none atm

Post by visionplay »

adge0001 wrote:Hi everyone,

Unfortunately visionplay, I sold this house and am now building elsewhere. I saved some plants from my bonsai growing bed, but lost a massive pyracantha. It was during that 40+ degree week in Melbourne this summer.

I do have plans for another garden..... The house hasn't finished being built yet and I've already drawn up garden plans [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Cool, looking forward to see what you do in the new place :yes:

Return to “Japanese Gardens, Ponds and Koi”