Bottle Brush
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics
Bonsai Age: 0

[Pearcy] Windswept Callistemon Pallidus

Post by Pearcy001 »

Picked up this Callistemon pallidus a little while ago. Apparently some people also refer to it as Melaleuca pallida or lemon bottlebrush - due to it's lemon coloured flower.

I have been attempting to get the foliage size down first to see what size tree it should be, all while growing it on and putting movement into the trunkline as it extends. In saying that, I am only further developing what was already put in place and cannot take any credit for its bones.

Photo as at May 2019.

As you can see I'm also growing on a sacrifice branch from the rear of the base (to the right) in order to produce a strong gripping nebari that I want this tortured tree to have.

Attached below is a quick virt of the future I currently have for the tree, but as you all know designs change as the tree develops. I'll probably end up removing a few branches as time goes by.

This thread is just started as a progression for me to track its development and see if the final design ever ends up like the original. If anyone has opinions feel free to speak up.

Cheers,
Pearcy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pearcy001 on May 15th, 2019, 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: [Pearcy] Windswept Callistemon Pallidus

Post by Watto »

Its got good trunk movement and nice bark. I am looking forward to seeing how this develops, thanks for posting.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
terryb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Post by terryb »

Agree with Watto, love the trunk line.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Ryceman3 »

Definitely agree with the above 2 posts. You have some nice stuff coming along Pearcy, that trunk is no exception and I like the general idea of your virt ... :yes:
For some reason this one looks like treeman might've had a hand in it's creation???
Just a feeling!
:beer:
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics

Post by Pearcy001 »

Ryceman3 wrote:For some reason this one looks like treeman might've had a hand in it's creation???
Just a feeling!
:beer:
I feel like you may find I'm one of Treemans best customers haha. Nah just joking I couldn't be as I don't own a property big enough to store that much, but percentage wise his stuff is definitely up there in my collection. He grows amazing stock that always catches my imagination. Well done Mike on yet another great piece of stock!

Cheers,
Pearcy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pearcy001 on May 16th, 2019, 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Callistemon”