'Big Blue' Mirai video

Forum for discussion of Evergreen bonsai – Buxus, Cotoneaster, Olive etc.
tgward
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 31

Re: 'Big Blue' Mirai video

Post by tgward »

like it or don't like it---aspire to it or not---- that's all there is
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: any
Bonsai Age: 25

Post by treeman »

wrcmad post_id=278330 time=1589790631 user_id=7001
No
you are absolutely right

Confusion reigns supreme.

Remember "repulsive"?
Yes I do. So according to you, people should be disallowed to show (voice?) their repulsion of a piece of work? ( Not the artist personally :palm: )

It's like pulling teeth. You still don't get it.

Should we start burning books too perhaps? Next you'll be telling communism is the way to go. Maybe we need the State to tell us what we should and shouldn't like.

Tell me wrmacd what you think of this art piece....Do you find it repulsive? No? Maybe you can let us now the ''thought process'' behind it!
repart.JPG

The truth is that anyone can find anything repulsive.

Don't start an argument you can't win. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Better you stop replying now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by treeman »

wrcmad wrote: May 18th, 2020, 6:30 pm
No, I just don't like your style of criticism.
Oh boo hoo. Cry me a river.
Mike
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple, Pine, Fig
Bonsai Age: 34

Post by wrcmad »

treeman wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:12 pm Don't start an argument you can't win. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Better you stop replying now?
You can't give it up.... can you?
Keep going bud.
It is becoming clearer by the rant.
You are now demonstrating exactly what I was pointing out. :)
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by wrcmad »

treeman wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:12 pm Maybe we need the State to tell us what we should and shouldn't like.
No... apparently we already have Mike to do that. :P
tgward
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 31

Post by tgward »

and ............. who's cock is bigger? :shifty:
greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Post by greg27 »

tgward wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:47 am and ............. who's cock is bigger? :shifty:
Both trending downwards with each reply :lol:
Rory
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Baeckea Phebalium Casuarina & Banksia
Bonsai Age: 24

Post by Rory »

For what its worth...

Wrcmad has exceptional knowledge on Japanese tokoname pots and is very passionate about them. It is always nice to read about his experiences over the years with these and learn from his vast knowledge of the Japanese potters and their cultural history.

Mike has extensive horticultural knowledge, combined with a deep passion about natural styling, which he was one of the pioneers on here and voiced his expertize early on. He was often disregarded early - as the 'natural' style was only just starting to show 'green shoots'.

They are both great guys, and lets leave it there and enjoy the discussions going forward. :worship:

:beer:
Rory
I style Bonsai naturally, just as they would appear in the wild.
Central Coast, NSW
Bonsai: Casuarina Leptospermum Banksia Phebalium Baeckea Melalueca Ficus

Growing Australian natives as Bonsai: viewtopic.php?p=289480#p289480

Buying and repotting Native nursery material: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=30724

Growing tips for Casuarina as Bonsai: viewtopic.php?p=244995#p244995

How to reduce moss from the trunk without damaging the bark: viewtopic.php?p=295227#p295227
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by treeman »

wrcmad post_id=278348 time=1589797429 user_id=7001

I'm not wasting anymore energy debating your nonsense.
FIVE wrcmad comments later........
You can't give it up.... can you?
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4bftQ4xxFc
Mike
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by wrcmad »

Rory wrote: May 19th, 2020, 9:34 am ... lets leave it there and enjoy the discussions going forward. :worship:
I agree. :beer:

Here's hoping... :whistle: :)
juan73870
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: whatever is in front of me...
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by juan73870 »

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: ;) :whistle:
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by wrcmad »

For now..... :lol:
No doubt this will raise it's ugly head again.

Unless we agree to disagree. :cool:

I see this as a reasonable proposal.
Treeman likes natural, I like traditional.... big fkn deal..... we can probably actually both learn something from each other.
I am willing to let it go.... after all, difference of opinion is what gives a topic and forum more perspective and a more complete view of bonsai.
There are actually grey areas between the two preferences anyway. :)

On one condition ... that Mr Treeman is a bit more diplomatic, and considerate with his choice of words when critiquing someone else's work in regards to his own preferences. Above all, I cannot tolerate disrespect towards someone else's attempts... no matter who it is, it is not a good thing. Respectfulness of others is of utmost importance... including each other.
That is not a big ask, is it?

Like I said before - no one is above the attempts of others in this common pursuit of creating an aesthetic tree.
We have actually agreed on things before here.... believe it or not. ;)
So I am sure we can find more common ground.

I am willing.....

The ball is in his court....
nathan987
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by nathan987 »

wrcmad wrote: On one condition ... that Mr Treeman is a bit more diplomatic, and considerate with his choice of words when critiquing someone else's work in regards to his own preferences. Above all, I cannot tolerate disrespect towards someone else's attempts... no matter who it is, it is not a good thing. Respectfulness of others is of utmost importance... including each other.
That is not a big ask, is it?
Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KIRKY
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by KIRKY »

Rubbish!!!
This all went down hill after this post!
Beer, smiley face and wink emoji don’t cover up the underlying attack. I was offended by it, but let it go. Before this it was all still civil opinions being expressed.
Ok, you have gone to Japan big deal, lived in Japan big deal. What makes you think your the only one? Its a pity you didn’t pick up on more of their culture. None would behave as below.
And now Treeman is vilified! You’ve got to be joking!
Refresh your memories everyone.
wrcmad wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:18 pm
KIRKY wrote: May 16th, 2020, 4:25 pm What difference does it make to visit Japan to see the trees first hand?
Mmmmm... 2 people with hands up.
Why am I not surprised?

It is perfectly acceptable, understandable, and OK, to make your own pursuit of bonsai that of imitation of nature.
That is a very credible and legitimate pursuit, and requires certain skills.
It is also a perfectly acceptable preference in the passion we all here practice in. Every one deserves and is entitled to an opinion.

However, there are many here who seem to (unwittingly or purposefully?) conflate the Japanese bonsai-psyche of "representation", with their own interpretation - that of "imitation".
In this instance, it would seem, more than just sometimes, that it is more convenient and fitting for one's own interests to interpret it as "imitation".
To then assume to be a local authority on the subject of such a foreign culture (without having ever visited or observed first-hand .... WTF?), use it also as a basis for judgement of the quality of Japanese trees (WTF again??), belittle the majority of the art you have invested so heavily in, and then finally dictate to the crowd what is "not an opinion"..... simply belies belief of anyone who has spent time discussing the objectives with the mentioned local Japanese Bonsai practicioners and professionals (masters?).
To then continue to prescribe exactly what trees are supposed to represent, and exactly what trees must reflect to be authentic.... is just plain (I'm trying not to use the word "arrogant" or "naïve")... misguided?

This line of assessment is to completely misunderstand the Japanese thought process, aims, and underlying culture. It is also an attempt (IMHO) to try to reinvent a foreign multi-generational culture and art to suit one's own objectives.

However, if you spend enough time in Japan, (I suggest you try it one day. :beer:) you start to understand their thought process, line of thinking, and general aims..... and it is much less imitation, than artistic representation.

If you don't want to do that - then that's fine too ..... how about just respecting the integrity of this forum, and the art itself, and remember that no one is above the attempts of others in this common pursuit of creating an aesthetic tree.
In short, pull your head in. ;)
I've had a gut-full of the self-proclaimed experts ragging on other's work in the pursuit of a self-ego-boost.
Constructive criticism is welcome, sure.... but I thought this forum was supposed to be about helping and encouraging all others? :)

I make no apologies for loving the Japanese bonsai aesthetics and the reasoning behind it..... it is what first attracted me to this hobby.
You don’t need to apologise for loving Japanese Bonsai aesthetics. Just stop rubbing everyones nose’s in it. The fertiliser a bit thick!
Oh and on a personal note look up diplomacy.
:whistle: :) :beer: ;) :whistle: All better ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Kirky
Over n Out!
Great oaks from little acorns grow.
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by wrcmad »

KIRKY wrote: May 19th, 2020, 9:51 pm Rubbish!!!
This all went down hill after this post!
Beer, smiley face and wink emoji don’t cover up the underlying attack. I was offended by it, but let it go. Before this it was all still civil opinions being expressed.
Ok, you have gone to Japan big deal, lived in Japan big deal. What makes you think your the only one? Its a pity you didn’t pick up on more of their culture. None would behave as below.
And now Treeman is vilified! You’ve got to be joking!
Refresh your memories everyone.
You don’t need to apologise for loving Japanese Bonsai aesthetics. Just stop rubbing everyones nose’s in it. The fertiliser a bit thick!
Oh and on a personal note look up diplomacy.
:whistle: :) :beer: ;) :whistle: All better ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers

Kirky
Over n Out!
Oh FFS. :shock:
Really?

To tell you the truth, it went down hill between me and Treeman a long time ago, but it isn't really fun to have a running feud with someone on this forum.
After all, we like the same stuff when you really think about it. And that is good enough reason to get on and respect each other's opinions.
Rory's post sort of slapped me out of it... made me think WTF are we actually arguing about? A different style of the same pursuit?
So I thought it better to make amends, and start fresh. :)
I am making a genuine effort to bury our swords. This arguing is all BS.

But... just when I was starting to doubt myself, the "clicky" outsider couldn't stand-by and waste the opportunity for a needling.... eh?
Don't really need you to join the offended melting snowflake club - you had nothing to do with our conversation except for liking every post your best mate Treeman made.

I have every faith that Treeman is very capable of speaking for himself... doesn't need you to "cry him a river" for him? ;)
And I'm not sure why you want to keep this thing going? Or start a new thing with me?
Not sure how I've been rubbing everyone's nose in Japanese Bonsai aesthetics either? That is old school. Apparently Natural is the new thing? Or poets and tea? Or some other stuff I don't understand? Or is this where I'm not allowed to like something you don't?

I have a suggestion.... how about you let me sort my recent differences with Treeman, and if you have a bone to pick with me not being your best friend too, then start a new thread and we can discuss it there. :lol:

Anyway, Treeman, this one's for you ..... if you'd like to accept it? :beer:
Oh... and no, I'm not joking. :)
Cheers :beer: :)

Return to “Evergreen”