'Big Blue' Mirai video

Forum for discussion of Evergreen bonsai – Buxus, Cotoneaster, Olive etc.
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: 'Big Blue' Mirai video

Post by Keep Calm and Ramify »

tgward wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:47 am and ............. who's cock is bigger? :shifty:
ha ha ...I would say this kid's?
r.jpg
Keep having fun guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple, Pine, Fig
Bonsai Age: 34

Post by wrcmad »

Keep Calm and Ramify wrote: May 19th, 2020, 10:36 pm
tgward wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:47 am and ............. who's cock is bigger? :shifty:
ha ha ...I would say this kid's?
r.jpg

Keep having fun guys!
Winner! :tu:
JC_squid
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by JC_squid »

I’ll again refer to my initial early point where I stated;

“I completely understand people not liking the Green Helmet thing but I don’t understand how heated the debate seems to get at times.”

I hope people with a new developing interest in bonsai (much like me) don’t read this post and get turned off with the back and forth. We aren’t discussing world politics after all.

Hardly a way to promote Bonsai in a positive way but thanks to all that contributed to the discussion in a respectful and constructive manner.
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: any
Bonsai Age: 25

Post by treeman »

=wrcmad post_id=278399 time=1589883386 user_id=7001]

On one condition ... that Mr Treeman is a bit more diplomatic, and considerate with his choice of words when critiquing someone else's work in regards to his own preferences. Above all, I cannot tolerate disrespect towards someone else's attempts...
Your delusion of self importance is breathtaking. You're making conditions now? I don't think so. If you ''cannot tolerate'' disrespect towards someone else's attempts then you should also disagree with the arguments about this very subject which occur in Japan which you seem to hold in such high esteem. As well, you would have art criticism world wide shut down. Right? After all that's what art critics do.

I do NOT disrespect beginners who are still finding their way and experimenting. I have done numerous workshops with them trying to help in any way I could. A couple of years ago I stood in front to 200 people saying in general terms, EXACTLY what I say on this forum. The reaction was mixed. Exactly what I expected. However no one told me to ''pull my head in.''

I was criticising the work of a professional bonsai artist. Particularly after hearing words such as ''the tree speaks to me'' and ''how can I take this further'' and ''asymetry'' and ''I'm going to let big blue guide that dance'' and ''removed from those decisions which would express my bias'' and ''this recent styling of big blue is the culmination...of me searching for an identity'' Most people would shy away from exposing the obvious (or maybe not so obvious) complete bullshit in those words after looking at the tree which in NO WAY reconcile with those words. - I'm not one of them. You will have to learn how to deal with that. I will not consider ''conditions'' placed on me from a bitter, confused person who happens to not like what I say or how I say it.

Not only do I consider this styling part of a convention. I consider this convention as being developed in Japan for a multitude of reasons which I've already gone through. I DO NOT expect others to agree with me.

Isn't real issue hear that because you have visited Japan you feel you belong to a special club and you will just not have anyone attempting to burst your balloon? That you find it incomprehensible that anyone not a member of that club could possibly have the chops to be able to understand - let alone comment about it?
So I am sure we can find more common ground.

I am willing.....

The ball is in his court....
I have yet to see a ball of any description.
Mike
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple, Pine, Fig
Bonsai Age: 34

Post by wrcmad »

treeman wrote: May 20th, 2020, 12:55 pm Your delusion of self importance is breathtaking.
On the contrary.
treeman wrote: May 20th, 2020, 12:55 pm I don't think so.
Sort of what I was expecting. No surprises there. ;)
treeman wrote: May 20th, 2020, 12:55 pm Particularly after hearing words such as ''the tree speaks to me''...
Agree! :cool: That was certainly a bit w4nkish of Ryan.
treeman wrote: May 20th, 2020, 12:55 pmIsn't real issue hear that because you have visited Japan you feel you belong to a special club ...
Japan isn't special - it is actually a very cheap destination.
But their work is staggering.
And yeah, I reckon you won't believe it until you see it. :)

Well, I'm just glad we finally found some common ground. :)
Daluke
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 8

Post by Daluke »

What came first? The bonsai or the tree??
pureheart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Northwest

Post by pureheart »

So much passion! Any Italians here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Evergreen”