Casuarina cunninghamiana tanuki

She-Oak, Australian Pine
PeterH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Next project

Casuarina cunninghamiana tanuki

Post by PeterH »

First post for a long time due to my waning interest in Bonsai.

This was a project started some time ago. The dead wood was sourced from out west and the tree was a Casuarina tube stock. The original idea was to keep it more attached to the dead wood. Due to various happenings' in my life it was neglected to the point it had lifted about 50mm in the pot and branching all over the place.

Last year I had to repot it or throw it out . The following phots show the re pot.

Kind Regards,

Peter
IMG_6723_2.jpg
IMG_6724_2.jpg
IMG_6726_2.jpg
IMG_6727_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keels
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines, Eucalyptus and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 11
Bonsai Club: CBS, Goulburn & VNBC

Re: Casuarina cunninghamiana tanuki

Post by Keels »

Wow that tree is coming along nicely Peter. Its not something I have ever seen with a Casuarina but i think it works. Keen to see it progress mate.
gnichols
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Canberra Bonsai Society

Post by gnichols »

Just out of curiosity and of course you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why is your interest in bonsai waning? You have some of the best trees going around.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Post by greg27 »

PeterH wrote: January 16th, 2022, 7:48 am First post for a long time due to my waning interest in Bonsai.
Sad to hear Peter, I hope your interest picks up again. Your trees have always been very inspiring to me :yes:
PeterH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterH »

gnichols wrote: January 17th, 2022, 7:27 am Just out of curiosity and of course you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why is your interest in bonsai waning? You have some of the best trees going around.

Hello gnichols,

In the past 4 years I have had some personal lows in my life and combined with the politics within the Canberra club I have withdrawn to my backyard. I have reduced my collection by half and still have more to go. I will still be doing Bonsai,but not as much new stuff.

Kind Regards,

Peter
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Keep Calm and Ramify »

PeterH wrote: January 17th, 2022, 2:09 pm In the past 4 years I have had some personal lows in my life and combined with the politics within the Canberra club I have withdrawn to my backyard.
That's a shame to hear Peter, politics aside - you have a great looking backyard there!. Hope all works out for you.
gnichols
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Canberra Bonsai Society

Post by gnichols »

PeterH wrote:
gnichols wrote: January 17th, 2022, 7:27 am Just out of curiosity and of course you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why is your interest in bonsai waning? You have some of the best trees going around.

Hello gnichols,

In the past 4 years I have had some personal lows in my life and combined with the politics within the Canberra club I have withdrawn to my backyard. I have reduced my collection by half and still have more to go. I will still be doing Bonsai,but not as much new stuff.

Kind Regards,

Peter
Sorry to hear and I hope things turnaround and the passion returns. You are pretty good at this caper so it would be sad to lose you from the Australian bonsai community. All the best.

PeterH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterH »

At this stage I am trying to reduce my numbers as I get older. A back injury has restricted me with the maintenance on my larger trees. I will still be continuing with my Bonsai but somewhat reduced from what I used to do. Currently I am putting a few trees together for the native show (if it happens).
Covid restrictions have slowed the reduction down but I am not in a hurry at this stage.

Regards,

Peter

Return to “Casuarina and Alocasuarina”