Virt Please???

Post your bonsai for critique by members. Virtual designs and restyles are encouraged.
PinkFlowers
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Fuchsia
Bonsai Age: 0

Virt Please???

Post by PinkFlowers »

I'd love it if someone could make do a virtual for me? I'd just love some ideas of what to do with this Maple.

I've got a photo, as well as a sketch because it's not too easy to see through the foliage.

The red lines are where I am thinking I will eventually prune off branches, the one with the circle is one that I'm not too sure about, and the black spiral is some wire scarring.

Thanks!
Tony Bebb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Conifers/Pines
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Queensland Inc.

Re: Virt Please???

Post by Tony Bebb »

Hi Pink

I am no good with virts. Yet. But I think the problem here would be you could do whatever sort of vert you want as the tree is still quite young and the future is bright and varied.

Your drawing is a good place to start and the finished design you had previously is a great place to aim.

It appears as though there are two trunks on the tree at present, and you have obviously decided to cut one off which is a good start. It looks like the left one is the best to remove and your drawing looks that way. As per your drawing the branches you have indicated for removal would be good, and the one at the front also. However if you want to grow it on to achieve the trunk in the dream design, I would remove the other trunk and let it all grow for a bit except for perhaps pruning to a main trunk line. The branches would be decided on/grown later.

Nice healthy little tree with the world at its feet.

Best Regards

Tony
Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Click here to visit my Blog - A Bonsai Journey

Return to “Critiques & Virtual Designs”