Not happy: Mariusz Folda / Ibuki

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
Rory
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Baeckea Phebalium Casuarina & Banksia
Bonsai Age: 24

Not happy: Mariusz Folda / Ibuki

Post by Rory »

I had not seen this post on Ausbonsai until I started thinking something was wrong:
viewtopic.php?p=292775#p292775

I placed an order with Marius Folda from his website Ibuki.

It was really unusual. I paid with Paypal as his site says he accepts it, and then about 3 weeks later he refunded the Paypal payment, asking me to pay into his Bank Account, because Paypal has started holding his transactions for 21 days and he says he is angry at Paypal. This was an instant red flag for me, and I was confused because he would have had the money by this point, but instead refunded me and asked me to repay the payment again but this time into his bank account. But in doing so, I received less money after the refund because of Paypal exchange fees. His website and youtube interactions made me dismiss any doubt I had, so I paid the payment into his bank account.
Since that time I have learned that Paypal do this when a seller has too many complaints, they put a holding period of time on transactions when buyers state they haven't received their shipment or complain it is not as described. :(

The order was placed and I paid and 2 pots were sent via Sea shipping. He sent me a tracking number about a week after I made payment because I said I wanted to order a larger order after this one.
The order took 8 weeks to arrive and we received it.

So the next time, I placed an additional order for 2 Airmail orders and asked him to send them seperately to reduce any chance of damage.
I paid for these 2 Airmail orders after he advised the Airmail cost and paid on 24.08.2022 24th August.

Up until the second payment, Marius had been replying daily to my emails daily about this and asking about ordering a larger order of his pots.

I then got the below reply on 02.09.2022 from Mariusz after I paid:

-----------
> Wiadomość napisana przez Rory Archer <fullybrickmodels@gmail.com> w dniu 02.09.2022, o godz. 03:19:

Hello dear Rory,

Packages are sent. Please please let me know as soon as you get them.

Im travelling now so on Monday I’ll send you the tracking no.

cheers,
Marius
------------

I then continually asked him via emails over the course of the next 2 months and have had zero replies.
He has multiple email addresses that I have sent and still have had zero replies from him.
I sent him a direct message to his Facebook Messenger account which he has seen, but still does not reply to me.

He continues to post daily all over Facebook and his website, updating his site Ibuki with multiple pots but does not reply to any of my enquiries.
He still posts every day up until now but will not reply to me.
Rory
I style Bonsai naturally, just as they would appear in the wild.
Central Coast, NSW
Bonsai: Casuarina Leptospermum Banksia Phebalium Baeckea Melalueca Ficus

Growing Australian natives as Bonsai: viewtopic.php?p=289480#p289480

Buying and repotting Native nursery material: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=30724

Growing tips for Casuarina as Bonsai: viewtopic.php?p=244995#p244995

How to reduce moss from the trunk without damaging the bark: viewtopic.php?p=295227#p295227
KIRKY
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: BSV

Re: Not happy: Mariusz Folda / Ibuki

Post by KIRKY »

He did the same thing to CraigM pot did finally arrive after quite a few months. I think from memory it arrived broken.
Not sure what the outcome, if anything was resolved between them.
Cheers
Kirky
Great oaks from little acorns grow.

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”