The above photo is before any work was commenced. Peter had a good look at the tree and we discussed possible designs and I must say Peter has a great eye for design, and his communication style allows him to get his message across.
After a little bit of trimming and a lot of wiring, Peter was back to contemplate the design.
The process took about five hours and I was most pleased with the result.
Not a very flattering photo of Peter, but the tree looks good!
In late August 2009 I potted it into a large green glazed oval pot and then let it rest for the year.
Since I received the original drawing done by Peter I have been working toward faithfully capturing the image that he has given me.
In September 2011 I did some work on the shari. This work included reducing part of it and giving other areas specific direction.
By October 2011 the foliage was out and the tree was on its way. I did not allow this tree to flower in 2011 because I was looking for increased growth rate, but I will fertilize it during this growing season so it may flower for the first time in a bonsai pot in 2012 – hopefully.