This Chinese Elm was developed from a cutting in about 1995 and was one of my earliest successes with cuttings. It lived in a number of pots over the next few years, but in about 2002 I decided that the separation of the two trunks was too far away from the soil level, so I did an in pot air layer. It was a success and really improved the image of the tree.
As the tree was starting to develop quite well, in 2006 I potted it into a Pat Kennedy pot, and despite several re-pots, it remains in that pot still.
This tree still has some reverse taper and because of that I have been considering doing another in pot air layer to eliminate the reverse taper and to also get the trunk split closer to the soil level.
However for now I am more than happy to just love the wabi-sabi of this tree.
It would appear that even the butterflies like it!
This is an up-date photo of this bonsai. The foliage continues to improve and the reverse taper is not quite as pronounced as it was.